Thursday, June 12, 2008

Veron: A climate has been created against me


Yesterday a media session was held with the players and Juan Sebastian Veron spoke. For whatever reason there is always controversy surrounding him and his callups to the national team.
--------------

"I don't give any importance to what people say or what might happen and it doesn't affect me either. What I am accountable to, is the team, the shirt, and the manager, who has confidence in me, whether I play or not, and whenever I wasn't calledup, I always followed the team."

"I think its clear that since my return to the national team or since the World Cup, a climate has been created against me but I can't be paying attention to it or questioning what people feel or what they say or how its expressed. I play football, doing what I like and in this case, I'm accountable to the group that I'm a part of and that's why I always try to give my best."

"Because of my form as of late, I'm sure that I would contribute more to the team and the squad by being in the lineup. But the manager will decide which system to use and most of all, we'll have to adjust to what the manager requires of us. I think that by having so many options in the squad the manager will have at his disposal any system he thinks is convenient and necessary for this game and against Brasil. I think its good that he tries different things."

No comments: