Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Heinze: We must land a blow on Brasil's table



Gabriel Heinze on the big game tonight.

"We will be going after the 3 points. It would be the best way of ending this stage of the WC Qualifying. I want to win in Brasil and believe that we will win. I can feel it. It's about time. Argentina must land a blow on Brasil's table . I am in debt with myself and want to pay it. I don't think of anything else."

"In football you can win, lose or draw. The important thing is to learn from the errors. I believe in these players. One bad performance does not tear anything down. All the national team games are vital because of the great expectations that it awakens. And there are always pressures when you play on the national team."

"It is true that the team did not function well against Ecuador and that is why we only had a draw. It made us really angry because we could not get done everything we attempted to do in front of our people. In the locker room there was a mix of sadness and anger. But it's done. We now have Brasil and we are going to give all our soul to beat them. Nobody should have any doubt of that."

No comments: